Monday, December 7, 2009

That Movie.

Today, there was a small reunion for some of the 6M classmates with a mix of people from the other classes too. With all honesty when I heard the idea at first about a gathering in OU for just a small group of 6M friends, my first thoughts were


"Great ! A chance to get out and walk around after awhile".

A minute later,

"Great ! A chance to meet the old gang and see how they're doing right now"

Yes. The whole point of the reunion only came second in my thoughts. Because I haven't seen them for.. what? 4 years? I never thought I'd ever see them again actually, so when this thing just suddenly popped out, it hadn't occur to me yet that it was an actual chance to see the classmates of 6M again. Even just thinking about how much they might have changed physically and mentally was.. unthinkable. I could barely imagine how they looked like in the past actually. I was quite afraid that I'd forget their names or faces when I saw them now.

But the thought of a "reunion". It hit me. I want to go for this. So I did.

The thing was kind of last minute so not many were able to go even after being invited. I think probably half didn't even WANT to go really. On the day of the outing itself, I was feeling quite worried. What would we talk about? What if we run out of topics? What if everyone's different and we don't really mix well any more? What if I forget some people?

"ARghhh.. Who cares? Just get out and have fun !" I told myself. And boy did I enjoy myself.

Taking really long to decide what to eat. Eating and then waiting for the ever so slow but undeniably good looking Jian Wen to finish. Taking pictures at the bottom with all the decorations. Chit-chatting while on the way to the bowling alley. Playing really noobly at bowling. Then heading off for an evening movie with Esther, Chanette and Jian Wen. And finally, even eating dinner together !

Even though the rest of the group had to leave pretty early, just by seeing them, it was fun. And talking and just.. going with the flow. Just like old times. And then staying behind with the other 3 to catch "that movie" and then chatting till late evening. It's times like these that I really do want more of. I had an awesome time and of course, I'm looking forward to the next outing =) (Please have one >_<).

I quote my old friend who's in Australia now

Loi Joon Keit
Reunions are always awesome even if only a few people turn up. Always turns out great. I remember I tried to have one last year and only 7 of use showed up but it was still an awesome day :)

I couldn't have said it better.

-----

Edit edit: I forgot to link these up !

For those of you who want to catch a glimpse of the outing =).

No comments: